Top Tips for Sleeping Through the Night
Getting a good nights rest is important for your wellbeing. One's ability to feel happy and positive during the day depends a lot on how we slept the night before.
Being able to sleep through the night means we had uninterrupted sleep, giving our bodies the best possible re-charge we can give it.
How to avoid waking up at night:
1. Don't drink too much fluid straight before you go to bed. By going to the toilet during the night, you disrupt your sleep.
2. Limit your alcohol and caffeine intake. Alcohol may help you go to sleep quickly but may give you restless sleep because you need to visit the bathroom or are dehydrated.
3. Make sure you are comfortable - wear the right clothes to bed. You don't wake up because you are too hot or too cold. Before sleep, make sure pillow and blankets are properly positioned so you don't have to re-adjust these during the night.
4. Keep your room dark and quiet. Turn off any devices that will distract or annoy you in the night.
5. Let flatmates or family members know that you are going to sleep, so they can help not to disturb you.